I'm having problems getting the Sony MDS-PC2 to accept the digital audio
signal from an M Audio DIO2448.  I start the MDS-PC2 recording, but it "goes
crazy" when I start playback from Cool Edit via through the DIO2448.  It
records a second or so of audio, then starts a new track.  It continues
making new tracks, some with nothing on them, some with a second of audio.
Any ideas?

Dumping from the minidisc into Cool Edit seems to work OK, but every once in
a while I get a "skip".  I think that problem is related to IRQs.  The
DIO2448 seems to have decided to use the same IRQ as the video card.  I
think I can reassign things once I find a more suitable IRQ.

I have not yet tried the motherboard's audio system.  It uses an Intel
82801AB with a Crystal CS4299 codec.  According to the documentation, pin 48
on the CS4299  is an S/PDIF output.  I need to tack a wire onto that pin so
I can hook up a TOSLink trasmitter.  It'll be a fun job, because the CS4299
is really tiny!