From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Timothy P. Stockman
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 12:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MD: MD - PC integration

> MD is very much a stand alone audio solution,

Unfortunately, I'm find that to be far too true, even with the MDS-PC2,
which is supposed to be "computer friendly".  Don't get me wrong, I love the
fact that my JE520 operates totally on its own, with no computer anywhere in
sight.  But I bought the MDS-PC2 specifically to use with the computer.
While Sony seems to have done a fairly good job on the titling and labeling,
the program leave something to be desired in other areas.  While they have a
function for recording tracks from a CD, they need to generalize it to that
you can record tracks from WAV files as well.  And they shouldn't assume
that you're going to use *analog* for the transfer; isn't the whole idea of
minidisc that one can make *digital* transfers?

With the current state of affairs, I think it would be simpler just to use a
CD writer to burn a CDR, then copy it to a minidisc.  Even though burning a
CD is not for the faint of heart, trying to go from the PC directly to the
MD seems to be even harder.  Sad but true!