>> Ok, compared to the card, 79$ are a lot, but it is cheaper than the Midiman
>> Dio 2448 and I think the DIO 2448 is not supported by Linux. Do you know
>> another card with digital in/out cheaper than the 4DWave NX including the ST
>> DBIII module?
>
> You also need the NX DB II at $24 I believe, which raises the price
> of digital-in to $103.

I don't think so, have a look at the pictures at
http://www.hoontech.com/product/digitalIObrakets/nxdb2e.htm
I believe that the NXDB II is a cheaper digital connections for a digital
amp or the external A/D-converter.

Anyway, if I need both modules it is still cheaper than the DIO 2448 and I
could use the NX for games too, so it seems to me the cheapest possibility
for a recording card. Any other suggestions?

> I also don't know if the digital-in would be
> supported by the ALSA drivers. Did anyone ever try this ?

I am waiting for more than a week for an answer from the german distributor.
It seems they have a lot to do at the moment.

>> I have read that the Soundblaster cannot copy bit by bit.
>
> If you're talking about the fixed samplerate of 48 kHz, that's
> apparently the case with every AC97 compliant card.

Yes. The plus of the NX is, that there should exist a solution with Linux.
With Win you have the 48kHz problem too.

Bert