On Wed, 26 Jan 2000 12:38:41 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  I would like to know if anyone "out there" can give an opinion on whether
an
>  MD recorder/player (preferably a portable one) is available ("for sale")
that
>  will allow the user to "punch in" or "input" a track number (or song
number)
>  and play that track number without having to scroll through other tracks.
>  have an MZ-R30 that functions fairly well, but it requires me to "scroll"
in
>  order to play a desired track.

I would imagine most decks, bookshelf systems, and those incorporated into
other mini systems allow this sort of thing.

Can't imagine seeing this sort of thing, currently on a portable.

On the Aiwa portables, you can program the playing order of tracks, and this
is remembered until you deliberately clear it, or eject the disk, so in
theory you could just punch a button to play a certain track or tracks, but
you'd have to program this first.

Cheers

Neil