[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> PrinceGaz wrote:
>
> >Haven't measured
> >them exactly but an LP compressed through ATRACs 5:1 ratio should
> >squeeze onto an MD, just.  Remember an MD is roughly 2.5in diameter
> >so anything up to 12.5in should fit once ATRACed.
>
> No Gaz, you're wrong.  Something that's 12.5" diameter would have roughly 25
> times the surface area of an MD, so there's no way it would fit on.  That's
> why the pops and crackles on records cause so much trouble with MDs, because
> the surface area within the scratches that cause them overwhelm the ATRAC
> DSP, causing a phenomenon known as acute non-tangential tracking compression
> deficiency distortion.
>
> -cb <- as full of crap as Gaz is.

Huh?

And I thoughed it where the frequency dividing frequency dividing atoms that
weren't doing their job.....

Ralph -> going nuts...
Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE