Hi Georges, thanks for the note, I'm responding to MD-L as well.

>Sorry to bother you, I'm not on the MailingList (lack of time) but I
>like interesting and technical info :)
>
>Would it be possible to update the part "15" in the FAQ, namely
>
>"What's the difference between the various ATRAC generations,
>and how well do they interoperate?"
>
>I'd like to get info about the ATRAC 4, 4.5 and ATRAC-D (forthcoming or
>already in use ? :) as well as ATRAC 5 from Sharp.

I'd love to have such info too, unfortunately no person or magazine
that I know of has conducted such tests on recent ATRAC coders. I
think you can see by the trend in the chart though that modern ATRAC
is becoming essentially equivalent to CD/DAT, with perhaps only minor
colorations of the signal remaining.

Regards,
Rick