> I'm looking for a diagram explaining the SCMS system that's public domain
> (ie. can be put up on a webpage without any copyright issues). Anyone got
> one, or failing that a simple picture of a MD so that I can do my own
> diagram?
> ================END QUOTE========================================
>
> Is your goal to explain SCMS or simply to have an MD as a Web
> image? If it's
> to do with SCMS, you could knock up a simple flow diagram using Visio to
> explain the system.

What I'd like to do is explain clearly to non-MD people how the SCMS system
works. There are excellent diagrams in the manuals of MD equipment, but
obviously they are copyrighted by the companies concerned so I can't just
scan one or copy it from a .pdf file.

So what I need is either a freely-distributable image that explains it (is
there an official SCMS site anyone?), or failing that just a simple image of
a minidisc [as in a single MD disc] that I can drop into my own chart.

Any pointers appreciated - failing that I'll scan a disc and simplify that
image down to a line drawing.

Ta

Simon