* MD IT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Wed, 21 Jul 1999
|   What discs do you think are the coolest or are your favorites?

I *hate* Memorex blanks, becuase their labels suck, to put it bluntly.  The
glossy coating on the paper makes it impossible to write on them.  Memorex
has the lowest per-disc cost, especially in the larger bulk packs.

I cannot say much for TDK.  I have had consistent low quality problems with
their media in the past, so I tend to avoid their media now.

Sony is the closest thing to an industry standard benchmark I have.  They
don't stand out as either good or bad.

I like Maxell Gold for two reasons.  One, the labels are good and there are
four "spine" labels per sheet.  Two, the gold media looks really cool.
They are generally more expensive than the others I have seen around.  I
have no idea if they are mechanically superior.

--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not use Happy Fun Ball on concrete.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \