Hi.  I have warned and continue to warn people not to buy a 702.  I don't care
what anyone tries to tell you.  You would be better off burning your money.

This unit is so bad that some on line dealers actually (after the second or
third replacement) offered to exchange the unit for the 722 with the customer
only paying an "upgrade" charge!!

What amazes me is that the Sharp unit before the 702 (the MS200) is in my
humble opinion, one of the best portable recorders ever sold.  And even the
early 702's did not seem to have problems.

But someone at Sharp must have seem what was happening on the internet and
deiced that there was this huge market for MD in the US if the price was
right.  So Sharp started selling them in the US at lower prices then a portable
recorder had ever been sold.

Only I guess they must have cut corners somewhere to make the price so low.  I
don't know if they found a cheaper inferior source for some of the components,
or they just eliminated quality control.

I have a house full of non functional electronics of every description.  I'll
sell them real cheap if anyone is interested.

LAS