My past experience with Sony products has been terrible.  There are only a
few recent products that I have purchased that are Sony.

The 510.  I never had a problem with it, but I doubt in the several years
that I own it I have used it for more then a few dozen hours.

Same with the D800 CD player.  I just haven't had the time to use it.  It
works great   But it's hardly been used.

Even my MZ-1 had to go back for repairs twice!

LAS