I think that is worth repeating...  If the ambient noise level is so
high that you can't hear your music without playing it at dangerous
levels, just don't play it.

OTOH, you can buy stock in hearing aid companies and maybe make a mint.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On 30 Jul 99, at 16:49, Steven Brooks wrote:
>
> > They will also tell you (and so can I) that while impatiently waiting for a
> > train, the platform, during 'regular' hours, is usually loud enough with 3
> > million people talking, shouting, and other trains coming in that it is
> > hard enough to hear your music playing (and even when you're on the train).
> > Then, when the train comes careening around the corner and screeches to a
> > stop, your volume on your WM (walkman) is on 10 already.  I'm certain if my
> > WM had AVLS permanently engaged it would have been tossed right in front of
> > that arriving train!  :-)
>
> . . .None of which changes the fact that excessive sound pressure will damage
> your hearing.
>
> HINT: If the ambient noise level is so high that you can't hear your music
> without playing it at dangerous levels, just don't play it.

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page