OK, this is totally unscientific, but I've had the odd problem where I
can record on my Sony 520 deck, and it plays back perfectly on my Sharp
722, but doesn't play back on the 520 (where it was originally recorded)
without skips and glitches.  This has happened at least twice, and only
on memorex discs.  Again, totally unscientific, but it's disappointing
that I'm beginning to lose the complete faith I had in recording on
MDs.  Now I worry that I have to play back every recording to make sure
it's OK before giving up the source disc.