I'm having problems playing discs in an MDX-65 changer.
I have it connected to a RM-X69RF controller.  Right now
its sitting on the workbench running from a 12VDC bench
supply.  The audio output is connected to a powered speaker.

When it is running, the display indicates normal operation.
I can see the track numbers and time, etc.  The problem is
that I get no audio output.  The discs in the player were
recorded in mixed mono/stereo (mostly mono) and play
back fine on my JE520 and MZ-EP11.  I've checked the
obvious like the digital/analog switch in the analog position.
This may be a clue: when I look at the TOSLink connector,
there is no visible light (even with the switch in digital).

I've had this problem with 2 units now (the first I exchanged
as defective).  Can anyone offer me any suggestions or
let me know their experiences with the MDX-65?