Graham Baker wrote:

> My CD Rom (Panasonic?) has 2 small pins on the back of the cct bd for
> digital out.
> I couldn't find a suitable plug so I soldered a length of coax cable
> directly to them and terminated the other end with an RCA plug.
> It plugs directly into the coaxial input on my JA3-ES and works great -
> track marks are also captured OK.
> This does not work with all CD Rom drives - there have been reports of
> the start of tracks not being recorded and track marks missing etc.
> If you only have an optical input you will need to build a small toslink
> convertor - details are on the MD web page.
> GB
>

> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I have a Creative 8x CD-ROM which has terminals on the back for some
> sort of
> > digital out. If I wired those across an RCA socket, would that provide
> the
> > kind of SP-DIF digital signal expected by a consumer-grade digital
> recorder
> > or outboard DAC with coaxial sockets. On the other hand, would I need
> > make an "interface circuit" in order to couple the CD-ROM to a
> > consumer-grade SP-DIF device.
> >
> > With regards,
> >
> > Simon Mackay

I'm sorry.,

 In my answer to Simon I wasn't clear enough.

 I gave the URL for the toslink converter circuit, which is needed only if
you want to connect your CD-ROM drive
 to an optical input or some device, if one has a Coax input in his/her
device, such a circuit is not needed, a simple coax or shielded
 cable would do the trick.

Cheers.