"Jeffrey D. Scorsone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>I've heard that it is not possible to title audio MDs from
>a Windows PC, but you can from a Mac.  Is this out dated
>information? Has anybody come up with a newer solution for this?

I use a Windoze 95 product made by Martin Danek called WinRemote.   This
product only works with Sony devices (MD, Amps, VCRs, CD Players) etc.

I have had great success with both the product and Martin's fine support.

>More importantly:
>Is there anyplace I can find drive and driver information so
>I can just sit down and bash out the code to take care of the problem?

Tougher question.  I'm not sure if there is any hack information on the
S-Link on the MD Community Page.

>My main goal is to actually do titling from a unix box.  Is any body
>out there currently doing this, or working on something similar?

Can't help you on this OS.

Jerry

Jerry Jelinek at work via OS/2        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.afn.org/~afn25841/ipl/iplsum.html - IPL Web Page
http://junior.apk.net/~centaurs - My Favorite Web Links

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is
a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann 1996