Hello all!

I just started getting really into my Sharp 702 for live recording.  I know
many people have mentioned problems with it, but mine has worked flawlessly
since I bought it 5 months ago.  I use an Audio Technica 822 stereo mic
plugged straight into the MD mic input and it really sounds great, plus it
is so small I can bring it to any show.

I am thinking of upgrading the mic pre and ADC to get an even better sound,
so that I can then transfer the recordings to BIAS Peak on my Mac (24-bit
files), master them and burn CDs, dithering them to 16 bits at the end.  To
that end, I am considering getting either the Sony SBM-1 or the Zefiro InBox
to improve the sound of the MD.  I have even considered getting the Apogee
AD-1000, which might be the king of micpre/20-bit units.  My questions:

1. Does anyone have opinions on using any of these with MD?  I have read
some of the old messages about this, but I'd like more in depth
opinions/reviews if possible.

2.  Would the little Sharp MD sound even better if I fed it a digital signal
from a 24 bit converter?  Is there any point; can the unit even receive a
24-bit S/PDIF signal?  (You could really go crazy with a high end mic pre
and 24 bit ADC combo, but it might be going overboard).

Thanks.

Long live MD; instant access to every track of a beautifully recorded show
as soon as you leave the club! :-)

-Alex (in NYC)