Hello all,

    I'm new to the mailing list, but I am an avid fan of the MD format.
They seem to be a far more useful medium than cassettes.  My eventual goal
is to entirely replace my cassettes with CDs at home and MDs for the road.
    I currently own a Sony bookshelf stereo system, model MHC-P100X and it
is EXCELLENT for my needs.  When I bought it in 1994 while stationed in
Japan, I had the chance to buy its companion MiniDisc deck (model MDS-101).
 Money was tight so I passed on the deck at the time of purchase.  HUGE
MISTAKE.  That particular deck has a Sony AU-BUS (audio bus) connection
which permits CD synchronized recordings, as well as interoperability with
the handy timer functions on my stereo.
    If anyone has any guidance on locating this model or a successor model
(MDS-102? MDS-301?) with the audio bus connection, I would GREATLY
appreciate it.  Newer MiniDisc decks do not seem to have this connection .
. .

Respectfully,
Francisco J. Sanchez