From: J. Coon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I have had the originals go bad on me too, and sometimes, I hadn't
> bothered to make a back up copy.  This has happened with the old
> fashioned 5.25" as well as the newer 3.5" floppies.  I have also messed

Me too, though I wasn't too bothered as I just "borrowed" another set from
work.  Errm, please ignore this paragraph.

> up more than one Minidisc because of that stupid archaic END SEARCH
> function that Sony insists on putting on their portables.  I know,
> someone will say put the write protect on, but have you ever tried to
> title with write protect on, also, you can't add more music to a
> minidisc with the write protect on.

I'm not the sort of guy to say that if someone doesn't know how to use their
gadgets, then they shouldn't own them-- but if you haven't learned to use
ES as a standard step in an Append (as against Replace) recording session
then you sho..   Hey guys I'm just joking, each to their own-- I accept ES as
Sony also give me a dedicated LineOut on their porties.  I don't believe the
Sharks et al internally switch if they detect a high impedance load on the
phone socket esp after someone said volume and bass boost still affect
the output.

The Shark Aiwa etc porties all send the phone/line out sig thro loads of
circuits those clever guys at Sony skip in their LineOut.  Now if only Sony
added an LED at the back of the LineOut and made it dual function like
the Line In... I can dream of a dual diggie/annie LineOut I suppose...

Cheers,
PrinceGaz -- "Hey, just a thought-- how many others here would buy a MD
portie with a dual diggie/annie line out like I described above, and if anyone
from Sony / Aiwa is listening [I bet they each have a lurker] why not do it."