The V2 boycott page is up at http://v2musiccds.com
The original compromise for me to call off the boycott was for them to post
from a valid V2 music address (so we could validate their truthfulness) that
they would master all CD's with a SCMS setting allowing a first generation
copy (the industry standard all other labels seem to follow) and an offer to
replace all SCMS "0" CD's they issued. I have told them many times if the
webpage goes up and it would soon then things would not be so simple. My
plan now since my costs just went up is to require them to put up their
policy on their official website for no less than one year. There will be
other terms, most likely the original that they must post to both the MD
list and newsgroup under a valid V2 address their policy and trade in offer
and since they pushed me into this after endless attempts to try to get them
to state their so called policy in public in good faith they also will
likely have to pay all costs I have in my webpage for it to come down. I
doubt if they will do any of this, they have been very dishonest so far
(remember this is the company that claimed home recording in any form is
illegal). If we get ass far as terms to end the boycott you will play a part
in suggestions as to what our terms our. This is not my battle, it is ours.
Anyway there is some good information on the page. Take a look and if you
care about the future of digital recording write them again. The addresses
are on the webpage including a new one.

On another note their has been much discussion about future CD formats that
may not be able to be recorded digitally. This may be likely but right now
it is a big maybe. My suggestion is we fight the violators that exist today,
not some remote future possible violators. Remember, right now V2 music is
the only major and maybe the only label at all of any consequence that has
mastered a CD with a SCMS value of "0". (or whatever setting creates a zero
copy SCMS setting.)

Here is a new straightly and I think a great one for our cause. (Note this
is
all on the webpage). I have found three major players on V2 music that have
e-mail addresses. That's right, we now have the e-mail addresses of
Underworld, Stereophonics and Blessid Union Of Souls. I was in touch with
Chocolate Genius behind the scenes for some time and the pressure applied by
him was likely the reason V2 almost came around to our point of view. (They
personally offered me a remasted CD of the blocked CD and stated their
policy
was to allow a first generation digitally recordable CD but just would not
make the public statement, likely they don't want to be held accountable
when they do it again). As I have stated before I am not in this for myself
and will not be bought by a CD offer and private statement. We are all in
this together and V2 must realize that they must knock off their blocked CD
policy, state it publicly and offer all of us with a blocked CD a
replacement. Any way Chocolate Genius was very sympathetic to our cause, he
allows taping at his concerts and did not even know they blocked his CD. I
can't go into what he said much more than this as I do not want to betray
someone in our camp by publishing personal e-mail or facts but I really
think he shook up V2 a bit from the inside, with the more major sellers
below I think we have a chance to really turn V2's world upside down. With
the past history this has a good shot at getting them to knock it off.
Remember No Artists + No Consumers = No Label. And don't worry, any of the
below acts can find another label and any other label I know of has not
issued a blocked CD at this time so a change is good for all of us. Lets put
some pressure on them from the inside for a change and lets not stop the
pressure from the outside from the consumer. Write the bands and if you have
time write V2 again.

UNDERWORLD
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

STEREOPHONICS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

BLESSID UNION OF SOULS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Remember, many of us did not think this stood a chance at the beginning (at
times including me). Since then they have offered many of us a free CD (but
remember to show their good faith that they did not issue digitally blocked
CD's they sent out the free one that was digitally blocked), they also told
many of us in personal e-mails that they had a policy required all their
CD's to be mastered to allow a first generation digital recording. They just
won't state this publicly and with their early claim that all home
recording was illegal I just don' trust private e-mails from them, they said
that first one was a mistake and they may well state the latter one was a
mistake. If they make it public on their webpage it will be very hard for
them to say that the alleged policy was a mistaken misstatement of their
policy. We have free CD's and a private statement from them. Let's not let
this die here when we have some movement in our direction. We all have many
CD's we want to buy. Most of us have a list and can not afford them all.
Just buy the ones on other labels. The future of home digital recording and
the MD format is at stake.

Thanks to all of you that have participated in the boycott. You are a great
bunch. Lets keep the heat on and win this war.

V2 THINKS I WILL GO AWAY AND THE BATTLE WILL END. THE WEBPAGE PROVES THEM
WRONG. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF A NEW STRAGITY. I WILL NOT GO AWAY
UNLESS I LACK TOTAL SUPPORT FROM THE DIGITAL COMMUNITY. THIS IS JUST THE
START OF THE NEW STRAGITY. LOOK FOR THINGS BESIDES THE WEBPAGE. I PLAN TO
INTENSIFY THIS WHOLE CAMPAIGN IN THE NEXT MONTH. I will keep you all
informed
as the mdlist and newsgroup have been ground 0 for this whole exercise in
consumer power and democracy.

Soybomb