On last night's 'Taggart', they had a better advert for MD than Sony have
produced in 6 years of marketing!   There were at least 3 references to it
throughout the two-hour show.  The first MD 'scene' consisted of one guy
showing another his MD portie.  The other guy asks what is it, and the first
one says "It's Minidisc, which allows you to make your own recordings of CD
quality music".  He then lends his phones to the second guy who listens for
a mo says "It's great, could you get me one?"

Later on we see the guy taking stack of MD boxes from a warehouse (I think
they said 'Aiwa' on them, but can't be sure).  Later, the chief detective is
pictured looking at a portie saying "That's neat, I think I'll get one".

Roll on more shows with MD friendly script writers....

NB:

For those of you not familiar with 'Taggart' it is a Glasgow-based detective
series which has sadly gone downhill since the actor who played the gritty
character after whom the show is named passed away a few years back.  I
think it was exported for a while to the States where the Glaswegian accents
had to be subtitled ;-)

All quotes are approximate.

John.