Joe,
Last month I bought Aiwa CSDMD50 from J&R @ New York. Shelf price was
$339.99, but they let me buy it for $315. I had the opportunity to examine
it a bit before leaving it with my son in his dorm room. It is indeed a very
nice unit. As you might have seen from its pictures, the CD player and the
MD recorder are side by side on the lower side, whereas the tuner and the
cassette tape are on the upper side. A very nice design, the display panel
is very attractive, opens to reveal the cassette tape. 3 Preset Equalizer
(Rock/Pop/Jazz) and a Q Surround mode which is amazingly good. CD syncro
recording works like a dream with a single button push. The sound is loud
and rich.

I really recommend this unit, especially if you also need a cassette
recorder.

regards,

Tugrul Tanyol