I am having a problem recording MP3s to my R55.  Can someone out there help
me out with this problem?

FYI -- I am using Opcode's SONICPort Optical USB "soundcard" to transfer
digital audio from my laptop to my R55.

Here's the scenario:

When everything's hooked up (but nothing is playing), my R55 gives me the
expected "NO SIGNAL" message.  This is fine.

But, when I hit PLAY on WinAMP, it seems to take about 1 second or so for
the R55 to reconcile the digital signal, and begins recording AFTER the song
begins to play!  The result:  I loose approximately the 1st second of every
song I record.

Several very helpful fellow MDers have sent me WinAMP plugins and files (a
"between song pause plugin" as well as an "empty MP3 spacer file") in
attempts to help, but nothing has worked.  It seems to me that a "plugin"
for Winamp that actually added 1.5 seconds of emptiness to the beginning of
every song as it was played would do the trick, but I'm not aware of
anything that does this.

Does anyone have any advice?  This seems like a problem that can be solved,
I just don't know how to solve it!

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jon Deutsch
MIDI Services