I think you have to open up volume control and turn on the digital input
for it to wrok.  I remember I had to do something like that.   go to
start/ programs/ accesspories/ multimedia/ volume control.   then click
on otrions/ proberties/ playback and then click on cd digital under
"Show teh following volume controls.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> i have recently bought a new CD drive for my comp.  i also bought the SBlive
> Value sound card.  My problem is that i attached the digital cable from my
> sound card to my cd drive.  i attempt to play a cd using the drive but no
> sound comes out.  THe CD drive can read data cds but can't read audio.
>
> any help would be appreciated
>
> Stubie56<----------------keep on smiling

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker