Hmmm, I guess I'm gonna have to tread carefully here in case there
are a bunch of minidisc owning religious fanatics reading ;-)

I'm no expert, but a pretty good description of Wicca would be that
it is an updated / modern version of traditional pagan nature-based
religions.  There are eight main "festivals" spaced fairly equally around
the year, what happens at these depends very much on the paricular
group or individual in question, but animal or other sacrifice, or strange
sexual acts are most definitely not normal practice!

In addition, Wiccan followers usually do ceremonies with a specific aim
(okay, "cast spells" if you insist).  This leads directly to the Wiccan rede
of which I slightly misquoted the second half in my sig, which started
this.  Basically there is no "Ten Commandments", you are free to do
anything you like, from helping and healing, to disease and death.  But
we believe every act has consequences on the caster and if you wish
harm on others, it'll harm you more.  In other words, don't do it!

Of course religious fanatics would describe Wicca as a "bunch of
devil-worshipping evil satanists who are doomed to burn in hellfire
for all eternity... etc, etc, animal sacrifice etc, sexual acts with anyone
or thing etc etc, blah blah blah..." all the while waving their bible about
wildly and frothing and foaming at the mouth in their mad ranting.

Some peeps say you shouldn't talk in public about sex, religion or
politics-- funny as I actually enjoy those topics the most.  Actually I
might send something to The Opinion any day now.  Jon just loves
controversy there :-]

Cheers,
PrinceGaz -- "if it harms none, do what you will"

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://website.lineone.net/~princegaz/
ICQ: 36892193