I have an ECM-717. I use it to record concerts. It is small and
relatively easy to hide. It is also takes no time to setup. Its phantom
power is too weak for it to operate only on line-in. Overall it is a
very good little microphone. Should be fine for recording your baby. I
actually thought that Sony stopped producing it. Where did you find it
for $69?
For more "serious" concert-recording microphones you might want to look
at microphones from Sound Professionals (I have those -- they are
great) or Core Sound. But these are more difficult to setup, since they
usually consist of 2 little microphones.