I recently started catching buses again so I have begun using my portables
again- I took a few minutes today to look at a few MD's for these pin holes
and guess what!! I found a hole, matching the description!.. Pin sized
little holes in the disc that let light through!.. This was a Sony black
coloured blank, incidentally, it also had heaps of those concentric circles
people were talking about a while ago in the list, but only for the first
1cm from the inside of the disc out.. (this disc has only been in my R30
and R55)

On another note, I'd like to say something good about the MZ-R55's battery
life!, i've been running the thing on 2xAA alkaline batteries and it's
internal battery and been getting really good life.. perhaps 30hours?..
much more than I thought i'd get anyway..

Regards to all,
Victor.