Bob,

On [EMAIL PROTECTED], Bob Willcox[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:

> I have a new Sony MDS-JB920 that occasionally will spit out a just
> inserted disc with a C13 Disc Error message (happens immediately).  If
> I re-insert the disc it will usually (sometimes it takes several trys)
> then take it ok.
>
> Is this a known problem?  Should I, perhaps, exchange it for another?

This was discussed a while back.  It has been noticed on both 520s and 920s
(including my 520).

It's not as bad as it seems though.  I seem to remember that we pretty well
worked out that it occurs on new discs, where the tension in the sliding
cover is a little to high.  Once the disc has been successfully inserted it
is usually trouble free.  From my experience it occurs in batches and has
occurred with various brands.  Giving the slider a little jiggle on all new
discs before insertion solves the problem a lot of the time.

I don't know if the 930 is as sensitive as the 920 in this respect, but if
you can wangle it, I'd swap it anyway - the 930 has a newer ATRAC and a PC
keyboard socket :-)

Tony