Richard Anderson wrote:

> What's an MZ-R1?  I've never seen one...   ;-)

Yeah, ok, so I can't remember model numbers from the dark ages. No doubt you
still remember those big black dinner plates that ran at (struggles to remember)
78rpm? ;o)

> It's a shame the modern Sony's aren't as usefull.
> People who slag them off have probably never even seen one, let alone used
> one......

I saw one once, and I was impressed! It's actually what lead me to investigate
MD further, and resulted in me purchasing my first MD unit (some time later - I
was a typical student when I first found MD and had no money to buy one).

> ( Yes, Gaz, I mean YOU!  I remember those unfounded comments about
> "Atrash 1"  ;-)

So just open it up and replace the ATRAC chip. There's probably more than enough
space to accomodate any extra circuitry in the large cavernous interior......
;o)

--
Magic

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK