[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Le Beau Ben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I bought the Kenwood KMD 870R head unit and have been very pleased with it's
> > performance. The tuner is excellent and I generally prefer the feel of
> > Kenwood in-car stuff. It feels better made than the Sony stuff. I'd pay the
> > extra and go for the Kenwood.
>
> One of the things I find critical in a car unit is a volume control
> knob. In a car, there can be sudden demands on your attention, and
> finding and holding the VOLUME DOWN button can sometimes be pretty
> tough. Is anyone using a car MD unit other than a Sony that provides a
> volume control knob?
>
> Rick

Add the mute-button on the control satelite to the features! It takes a
little
bit of practice to control the control the 7900R using the control
satelite, but
it's a lot safer than reaching out to control the unit.

Not that it is hard to control the unit by satelite, that's not
difficult. The
difficulte is getting used to control the unit by not using the knobs on
the
faceplate, but instead the satelite.

Cheers,
Ralph