I am an owner of older Sony portables and have several 1200 mAh batteries
(NH-9WM).  I live in the US and have been charging them with the supplied
Japanese 100V charger which has been working fine.

My question is, can I get a full capacity charge if I put a 1400mAh battery
in this charger?  Will it keep charging until it is full, or will it somehow
not charge to full capacity?

If anyone else has had experience with charging the various "gum pack"
batteries, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance.

Tom