>I just got the Sony MDS-JB930 .....

>If I'm trying to split a track, all is OK while going backwards to find
>the
>split point, but when I move the split point forward it goes mad!
>
>So to start with I hear the rehersal, then move the split point earlier
>-
>all fine, but when I try to move the split point forward a bit the rehersal
>seems to get lost .....
>Anyone else seen this problem?

My US JB 930 has the exact same problem, except that it can happen when
moving the divide point forward or backward.  The unit simply fails to go
into the rehearsal mode, and no sound is heard at all.  The only way out is
to press stop and start over.

Has anyone taken their JB 930 to Sony for warranty repair for this problem?
Did Sony successfully fix it?  I thought the unit worked fine until I tried
to divide a track then tweak the divide point with the rehearsal function.
Sometimes it works fine, other times this glitch appears.  I also have a JB
920 which has no problem in this regard.

Rob