I just got a MDS-JB930 this weekend and was surprised by Mozzas comments
because of the similarity!  Firstly, my unit does indeed exhibit the divide
bug exactly as described.  Has anybody tried to make a warranty claim based
on this flaw?

Also, Mozza wrote:
>one of the feet is slightly short (done up too tight?) and so the whole deck
>rocks slightly, I also noticed a small dent in the left hand edge of the
>front facia.

The feet on my unit are exactly the same as this.  I used a small stack of
business cards (about 5 of them) to shim it up.  At first I thought the shelf
must be warped, but realized my older unit was level.  Then I thought the
feet must be adjustable, but they do not seem to be.  How could this happen?
This unit is Made in Japan, BTW, not Malaysia.

Eject smoothness seems OK, but there is a slight mechanical catch when you
pull out the disk.  It seems this might resolve itself with use.

At least there is no dent on the side of my facia.

That being said, I wouldn't return the unit in a pink fit.  I am using all 5
digital inputs and outputs:  something I sorely needed compared to my JE-500.
 And the keyboard input is killer.

I bought it at Good Guys, so have 30 days to purchase the performance
guarantee.  Perhaps I'll do this in hope that a few years from now they will
have to replace the unit since they won't be able to fix the divide bug :)

Regards,

Leland