From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 1999 3:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MD: MDR-EX70 impressions...

After receiving (and trying) the new EX70's (the ear-plug earphones), I
have to say I'm a bit disappointed.
  Bass response was not much better
than on the E888's (which in my mind are still the
king-of-the-less-than-$100-earbuds).  While the bass is decent, overall
sound quality is shallow and almost tinny, I'd put the quality somewhere
between the 888's and Sony's default earbuds that are packed in with most
of their MD portables... although I think these are closer to the default
earbuds than to the 888's.  Sensitivity is only rated at 100dB/mW, as
opposed to 108db/mW on the 888's.... anyway, maybe I'll try breaking them
in for a couple of weeks, but I'm not really impressed with them.

My suggestion, if you're happy with 888's, don't bother with the EX70's...
If you're in the US you can order them from www.planetminidisc.com for
$49.95...

--Brian

IBM Corporation, Austin