In a message dated 11/2/99 8:36:08 AM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< So tell me, can you hear a difference between two different ATRAC version
RECORDINGS? (Played back on the same player). >>

  Played back on the same player? No. I did some 'test songs' via optical
connections once, on my Sony 320 and my portie Sharp 702. Either version
sounded the same in each respective unit. However, the odd thing was the
Sharp's playback seemed to have more 'sparkling' high end versus the Sony,
regardless of which version of the 'test song' was used.

  I can't just pass it off as being a cheaper unit since it's a portie with a
tiny headphone jack -- I drug out my E-40 Sony player and it sounded just as
clear, crisp and clean as the deck. The Sharp just doesn't sound as good,
IMHO. (All three units were put through my stereo system.)

~Zach