Johan Jonsson wrote:

> I recently get an sharp 722, a wonderfull piece in many ways, but
> when it comes to recording whit a mic I have some problems.
> Itīs this noise thats appears whenever I plug in the mic, even if I just
> plug in an miniplug whitout anything connected.

Sounds like a bad connection.  Clean the plug of the mike and insert it
and remove it several time and clean the plug again and repeat the
process.  There should be very little noise from the plug.  Try another
mike too. and maybe use some tuner cleaner or volume control cleaner on
the plug and insert it and remove it a few times.  Don't spray anything
into the jack on the MD recorder, just put it on the  plug and the
little bit of residue on the plug should be enough to clean the jack.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker

My first web page