I saw this too at http://www.sharp-usa.com/internetminidisc/index.html .

I'm wondering how the heck this thing works?  I'm pretty sure that you'd
need a special MD player to use this software, but Sharp says that you can
use the software with any recorder (in the "Create Playlists/Record" section
of the website).  If that's the case, I don't see how this could be anything
but a SPDIF output device that probably plugs into your USB port.  It still
can't make the MD recorder record automatically, though, since Sharp MD
recorders don't have support for the Enter button via the remote.  Titling
discs would be out of the question as well....  Annoyingly enough, they
don't have any technical information on their site.

Aston