[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>i recorded a concert tonight on my 722, and 95% of the songs, the ones that
>had heavy base were not recorded satisfactorily.  ATRAC could not handle
>heavy base: all parts with base sound like digital noise, which completely
>drowned out all other frequency bands.

That sounds more like a problem with the mics you were using.  I do a lot
of concert archiving in classical and jazz events and have been extremely
satisfied with the recordings I've made.

I'm not into heavy bass oriented rock concerts, so I can't offer direct
help.  But both Core Sound and Sound Professionals offer mics with bass
roll off.

That might help you out,

Jerry

Jerry Jelinek at work via OS/2        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://junior.apk.net/~centaurs - My Favorite Web Links

"During the absence of our pastor, we enjoyed the rare
privilege of hearing a good sermon when A. B. Doe
supplied our pulpit." - from an actual church bulletin