"Martin Schiff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Is there any software out there that makes it easier to transfer a MD to a
>CD including splitting the tracks on the CD to match the MD?.....

Martin,

I have a similar setup to yours.   A Sony JB920, Sharp 702, Sound Blaster
Live with Hoontech Dig I/O board.   I agree it is a tedious process to
take a MD and burn a CD from it.   I'm not aware of any software that
would automatically create seperate wav files for each track on the MD.

Ideally, if the computer could read in the MD while it is playing and
create seperate wav files automatically for each track, that would be
great.

>From previous discussions on the MD Listserve, I seem to recall a
conversation that the DIG I/O boards on the market, somehow strip the bit
which sends a track mark.   Even if the track mark were sent, the software
reading the digital data would have to create seperate wav files after
each track mark.

I also recall hearing from an add for the DAT Store about a Marantz Pro CD
burner that would accept track marks from a digital source (MD or CD) and
place the track marks accordingly.  I can neither confirm or deny this
product.

Hope this helps,

Jerry

Jerry Jelinek at work via OS/2        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://junior.apk.net/~centaurs - My Favorite Web Links

"Our next song is "Angels We Have Heard Get High"."
"Don't let worry kill you--let the church help."
 - from actual church bulletins