Can anyone out there help with this?  I'm new to this mailing list.

I have a technical problem with my Sony Minidisc MDM-X4 home studio.  At
first I thought it was a disc defect, but now it has happened with two
different discs.  The failure mode is as follows- when I execute a command
(in the most recent case- when I try to delete a song), the "undo" light
blinks green and "delete (song number)-OK" blinks continuously on the
display.  Normally the Song Erase command takes only seconds to execute- with
this defect, the blinking goes on for minutes, and the only way I can stop it
is by shutting the unit's power off, and the song is not erased.

Can anybody help me understand if this is a common defect and if there is a
consumer workaround or a hardware/software fix?  Thanks!

Bill Harrity
Louisville KY