Thomas, Ferris wrote:

> The original argument:
>
> I foolishly countered:
> > >Yes it does--the line out doubles as an optical-out.
>
> J. Coon fired back:
> > I'm sorry, but I had one and the line out doubles as an
> > OPTICAL IN, not an optical out.
>
> and then Remko van der Vossen added:
> > No it doesn't, http://www.minidisc.org/mz-r30.html
>
> Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhh!  You're all right--I apologize profusly for
> knowing next to nothing!

Sorry to get you all het up.  I sorta wanted to set the record straight
or someone would buy one just 'cause they thought it had digital out.

> What I have got, though, is a Sony home unit that does allow such things as
> digital ports galore.  Many, many apologies.  I am going to take Martin's
> advice and look into Hoontech's add-on cards, though

I have the Hoontech card and it seems to work ok.  Haven't really done a
lot with it but it is available if I want to use it.

Here is where I got mine http://www.votronelectronics.com/  fast
delivery.  I used my computer to FAX them the order and got delivery in
a couple of days.  $19 US
http://www.votronelectronics.com/hoontech/order.htm

--
Jim Coon