Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 21:56:38 -0500 (EST)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MD: Sharp MD-MT831-A

Hi,

Hoping some one can help me, I purchased a brand new MT831 from Hong
Kong 2
weeks ago and i have had no joy from it yet.  Firstly I discovered the
power problem, where it will not recognize mains power going directly
into
the unit, but I have been able to overcome this by using the cradle.
The
major problem that I have now is that it will not actually read any of
the
discs that I put into it,  I keep getting a 'cantreada' error.  The user
manual that came with the unit does not explain the error mesages in
english, and as far as I can tell it doesnt even explain an error 'a' in
Japanese. Initially I was not having this problem, it started doing it
intermittenly about a week ago and now will not read any discs at all.

I am holding out on going to a technician because it is not under global
warranty.  But I now fear that it is a fault with the laser and I may
not
have any choice but to take it in.

Anybody's help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

3jane, a very unhappy MD user!