Mitch asked,

| What can I do with a Digital Out that have on my Sony
| Deck MDS-JE630?  I have 2 digital inputs where I can
| hook in a CD player and my Sony portable MD, but I
| don't know what uses I can put a Digital Out to.

... to another MD recorder, to a receiver with digital input, to a DAT
recorder, to a CDR/CDRW recorder ... in short, to anything that takes
digital input.

In fact, to make a digital connection between your 630 and your portable,
unless the portable is an MZ-1 (you said it was a Sony but not which model),
you'll have to go from the digital output of the 630 to the digital input of
the portable, because no Sony portable MD unit since the MZ-1 has had digital
output.  You can't connect your portable to the 630's digital input.