----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 1999 6:55 AM
Subject: MD: Digital soundcard for laptop?

> I'm looking for a soundcard with a digital out for my laptop
PC...everything
> I've seen thus far has been strictly for desktop PC...any suggestions?
>
> db

Does Your Laptop have USB Support? If so, I've got a recommendation for a
product that'll be easier to work into your laptop than a digital sound card
with the appropriate i/o config to record digitally. It's a Roland UA30,
Analog I/O (RCA stereo w/ gain control & 1/4" mono guitar or mic in w/ gain
control) and Digital I/O (TOSLink & Coaxial). They're available @klay.com
for $289 and they're very sweet (but you've gt to have a laptop with USB
Support and win98/win2000... they have TypeII USB Cards... in case you don't
have native support). You can probably email [EMAIL PROTECTED] and get a very
detailed .pdf file from him that will answer most of your questions. I've
had mine long enough to use it to master several CDs and the is a DISTINCT
Difference from the CDs I used to make going across analog into my PC ...
and I was very careful to have the ideal environment for the conversion. But
this device blows it away! If you're going from analog source to digital,
the conversion is superb.
            Peace,
                Tom