I had my MDS-JE510 swapped out for an MXD-D3 today because Best Buy's
service centre decided to junk out the JE510, which was in service for the
third time.  Although I have zero confidence in Sony products these days, I
figured that my MD problems would at least be done with for the foreseeable
future.  Boy, was I wrong!  When I hooked my new deck up, I was disappointed
to find that it would not play *any* MD's -- that's right -- not *any*.
Every MD I insert produces the same message:  "Read Error; C-13".  C-13 is
Sony's new MD diagnostic code meaning that the disc could not read the TOC
of the MD properly.  The manual makes mention that moisture that causes the
development of condensation on the lens, could cause problems such as that,
and that in such a case, one should let it warm up for about an hour (page
3) or several hours (page 37).  Incidentally, the CD player works just fine.

Well, it's been well over an hour, and I see no improvement..

Has anyone else experienced the same problem with his MXD-D3?.  I hope that
I would not have to return it, because I'm getting terribly frustrated with
Sony.  I don't want to ever buy another crappy Sony product AGAIN!!

Daryl