At first I didn't care for it, but the $225 JVC-XMR70 I bought on an
impulse is a decent MD recorder, excellent battery life, nice backlit
remote, attractive, slightly bigger than the Sony R55. Although it
doesn't have a dedicated line out, the headphone jack works as a line
out. By the way, I need to plug a pair of MD recorders (this one and
JVC-XMD1 or Sony R55) into a mixing board New Years Eve for a party. I
need RCA to XLR adapters. I've never used these before, so wondering
about cost and availability. I think Sam Ash carries them, so I'll try
to pick up a pair there.