----- Original Message -----
From: Jeffrey E. Salzberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Seth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 27, 1999 3:34 AM
Subject: Re: MD: It's that time again (the AHRA and copying)

> > "No action may be brought under this title alleging
> > infringement of copyright based on the manufacture,
> > importation, or distribution of a digital audio
> > recording device, a digital audio recording medium, an
> > analog recording device, or an analog recording
> > medium, or based on the noncommercial use by a
> > consumer of such a device or medium for making digital
> > musical recordings or analog musical recordings."
>
> OK, it says that you may transfer devices and media; now quote the
> part where it says you may transfer *content*.

".....for making digital musical recordings or analog musical recordings."

> Hint: you can't.

I beg to differ - what is a musical recording if it isn't content?

This is the wrong point to argue anyway - it's the exchange of the content
that causes the problem, not it's duplication.

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]