From: James Jarvie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MD-List Digest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2000 9:52 PM
Subject: MD: Questions re: Audio Outputs on Denon Deck

> 1.  What is meant by "balanced" vs. "unbalanced"

Can't remember... ummm.. pass...

> 2.  If I want to use the RCA plug digitial output, I
> obviously need a patch cord that is RCA -> mini.  Is
> there a special variety of this configuration that is
> needed to handle the digital signal, or will any RCA
> to mini cable do the trick?

Nope. The miniplug input is optical, so you need something to convert the
RCA coaxial electrical information into optical information for use with
fibre optic cable. One such device which does this is the Midiman CO2. There
are also some DIY solutions which are much cheaper in the projects section
of www.minidisc.org

Hope this helps!

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]