>what happens if you record a disc on the 831 and play it on the other
>machines???
>
>I'm thinking about the following senario:
>One of the devices is withing specs. The other two are out of spec, but bot
>in a different way. That means that the one withing spec can probably
>handle
>all media, while the other two will have problems with the other ones
>media...

I haven't tried recording on the 831 but i really hope that the 930 in not
out of spec coz its been a great unit all along. It doesn't even have the
divide rehersal problem widely reported. Just a note, these 2 MDs are the
only ones with dropouts i've come across out of the 150+ collection that i
have. Could just be a bad batch of machine spec dependant blanks...or plain
bad luck.

Cheers
Faizal