I am attempting to do this with my Sony MDS-JE520 deck, and Shawn Lin's IR
codes found on the community page.

Does anybody have any ideas as to how I can write such an MD titling
program on Linux?  I have a reasonable amount of experience with writing
programs that interface to the parallel port, and I have made the circuit
that Martin Danek uses for his TitleMD utility.  I have tested my circuit
using his DOS program, and that works fine.  However, he uses inline
assembler in his Pascal code.  This cannot be done in Linux without
special priveledges, and I can't work out what his code does.

Does anybody know how I send the codes and what the delays should be?  I
can write bytes to the parallel port already, and I can do high resolution
timing down to about 100 us if necessary.

Thanks,

Jonathan Irwin