Well, being an R50 owner and user, I'm a bit biased towards getting that one.
Is the one you're looking at new or used? If it's new, grab it and don't even
dare to have a second thought.  If you're picking it up second hand I'd be
a bit leary, just because it is portable and a great workhorse, how much life
may be left in it, and how it was treated up till now.  Though I have nothing
against the 821, I don't think it would be a mistake to grab the R50 while
you can.

-Jeffrey

--
My reality check just bounced!